Friday, November 24, 2006

Breaking up is Hard to Do!

As in the old Neil Sedaka song, it is difficult to end a relationship. There are cases where a relationship need to end, such as in violence or other abuse- remember, abuse starts with the verbal type and works its way to physical violence.

But, many people end relationships prematurely. I'll tell you about the "one who got away". We were classmates in our senior year of college. We didn't like each other when we first met, as we had very different opinions on Live Animal Experimentation in the Biological Sciences. I remember standing in the pub, glass of Sangria in hand, asking him "How can you do that to those poor little gerbils?".

We met up again around the middle of our last semester. His girlfriend had moved out. A couple of drinks later, and I found myself following him back to his place for a night of sexual fireworks.

We graduated, and went our separate ways- he went to Medical School, and I went into teaching High School Science. I really missed him, and thought about him, wondering how he was making out. Back in those days, there was no internet, and neither one of us were great letter writers. I moved about 100 miles north of my hometown for a long-term teaching assignment, and met the man who would become my first husband. Unfortunately, I let this man talk me into marriage after only knowing him for just three months.

One week after I was married, my college love called my parents' house, asking about me. My mother told me about this, which ignited a fight with my jealous and possessive first husband.

So, the moral of this story is that relationships are precious things. I often think how different my life would be today if I had been better at keeping in touch with my college love, and if I had waited for him, and stayed single. If you have a good man or woman, but are having problems, there is help for you!
Click Here to fix your Broken Relationship!

No comments: