Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Finding love is hard to do

When I was younger, I spent many a lonely night and shed many a tear over broken relationships or having no relationship at all. I used to wonder... what is wrong with me? My heart is filled with love to give. My soul is filled with passion. I am worthy of love! Where is that one special man?It's never easy, even if the choice is clear-cut, as in cases of abuse.

Looking back, I can see some of the mistakes that I made. I was hungrily looking for someone who would love me, due to a lack of love from my parents. I was very aggressive with men. This was either a turn-off with men, or would cause them to view me as somebody to be trifled with and then cast aside in favor of another woman who was more of a "challenge". It shouldn't be that way, but it's true- men want what they cannot have. Men want to climb the mountain and conquer Everest, not walk the grassy fields with the soft paths. My daughter is the exact opposite of the way I was- she isn't looking for a boyfriend, as she is concentrating on college. This drives the boys crazy, and she has no trouble attracting the opposite sex.

It sounds sexist and wrong, but for a woman to attract and keep a quality man, you have to know how to play the game. You have to fight your primal urges for love and sex and keep the male at bay as long as you can. You have to treat him like he almost doesn't matter to you. I guess this is what they mean by "Emotional Maturity". Emotional Maturity is one of the most important but misunderstood aspects of the love experience. It is a frequent source of relationship problems, yet few take the time to do anything about it.

Now, I have the most wonderful man in the world as my husband. He has always been there for me through sickness and health (and this was before we were even married!). He has supported me in whatever I wanted to do with regards to education or career, and loves me unconditionally. No, life isn't a perfect fairy-tale, but we have weathered the tough times in life and come out stronger as a couple and as individuals, too.

My wish for you is that you also find the love that you desire by attracting the right kind of person to be your soul-mate.


No comments: