Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Where Did the Love Go?


Have you ever been so in love that you knew that nothing could change the way you felt?  I mean you were so head-over-heels in love that you saw everything through those wonderful rose-colored glasses of love?

You know, I sure felt that way when I fell in love with my husband-to-be!  In fact, I had never felt so good in my life! 

However, things change.  You probably knew that!  But, I totally ignored the good advice that our pre-martial counselor gave to us.  He said that our feeling of 'being in love' would actually fade after we had been married for awhile and then he went over some things that we could do to help 'bring back the love'. 

Uff da! (I thought) - I knew for a fact that I would never, ever feel anything but love for my husband!  Boy, what a goof ball I was!  LOL - but, hey, what did I know at this point?

Well, I did learn quickly, as I'm sure that some of you have too -  that, yes, my feelings can change, even towards my husband!  But, I also learned that there are certain things that you can do to 'bring back the love' into your marriage relationship.

Here's just a few ideas for those of you who would like to recapture those wonderful feelings you first had when you 'fell in love'.

-Take time out each day, even just for 2 minutes, to focus on what you appreciate about your spouse and be sure to tell them!

-Be sure to touch your spouse sweetly and often!

-Find out what your spouse's 'love language' is and express your love in a way that will touch their heart.

Remember, if you are now feeling 'out of love' with your spouse, there was a time and place when you were deeply 'in love'.  If your feelings changed, then can always change back again with a little help and focus. 

Take heart,

Lydia

No comments: